Click for Youtube video here:
I’m thinking Lemmy might put his arm around this guy and teach him some things.
Reports have surfaced that Dr. Shiping Bao, who examined the body of slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, is preparing to file a lawsuit against the state. He claims that state prosecutors, as well as the Sanford, Florida Police Department, were biased against Martin and that they possibly “threw the case.” This comes amidst news of his firing by Volusia County last week.
1. Inspectors are there and the evidence of this supposed international crime isn't in. Taking action when the evidence isn't in about the claimed reason probably means that there IS EVIDENCE of an UNCLAIMED REASON. Perhaps some sort of ... oh... I dunno.. FOSSIL FUEL infrastructure? There have been rumors of a mad race to compete with Russia in providing "Natural" Gas to Europe in the coming decade. Why are they so quick to take action? What is this really about?
2. The United Nations is not calling for action on an international war crime. They always do if there is a serious risk of proliferation or escalation. Again, why the hurry?
3. The American People are utterly against it, and the house and senate would at this point be unwilling to spend precious resources on another hunt for doubtful WMD. Bush had to lie and say that we were going to be attacked with NUCLEAR WEAPONS. (Knowingly lying about that was a ticket to JAIL up until Bush Cheney.) They had to lie to get congress to approve and then to allow enough leeway to become entrenched. This isn't possible today, because, thankfully, the Obama team seems unwilling to lie about our being attacked. Syria didn't attack us and isn't attacking us... so the commander in chief can't attack them and say it's "defending" anything... at least anything we know about.
4. Israel is not calling for an attack (officially). The Arab league is split and also not calling for an attack. The only people who seem to be into this are NeoCons and pro-business centrists in the USA, CANADA and ENGLAND. This feels like a business move... and the People don't want that anymore.
5. You can't predict what will come from shooting a bunch of expensive weapons into a troubled land. Every single time we have ever done that we got blowback. If you believe Osama Bin Laden "ordered" the attacks of 9/11 then you can trace that back to some scud missiles in Afghanistan. Even CBS news did a history of our "surgical strikes" and their blow back. Go to the CBS news website. It is a shockingly honest and commendable report. Shooting a bunch of blow-up into them middle east, unless you are specifically protecting Global Energy Infrastructure seems only to have dire consequences throughout our history. It's just not something smart people would want to do.... unless... unless... unless.... Corporations ate our Foreign Policy.
Oh… oh yeah…
Oh yeah… and, at the height of the Bush Oil Wars, weapons makers were splitting up 20 billion dollars a QUARTER of NO BID COST PLUS MONEY… and today they are dividing a paltry 5 Billion … they need to be fed.. no?
“Blaming Ronald Reagan for the way things are is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad cheeseburger. Neither of them run the company, folks.” – Bobcat Goldthwait
It’s cute that we still think presidents are in charge of EMPIRE. They are not. They are given a small bit of real estate to be in charge of as long as the real power is not disturbed. While my friends rant and spit about the compromised actions of a skinny guy who started out just wanting to help… we are continuously misdirected.
I like Barack Obama. How can you not? Have you read his Wikipedia article?
Just the achievements starting with college prep and Occidental College is amazing, but look at how hard he worked SERVING PEOPLE after that! If you care about people, you like this guy.
Meanwhile in the White House, we had presidents from the Democratic Party who tried to balance the war machine with the needs of the people for good schools, clean air and water and good health. Johnson’s great society and war on poverty were brilliant achievements of all three branches of government. Barack Obama would be nowhere near where he is today without those actions of the Democrats in the house, senate and White House… as well as a court friendly to the people over the Empire. When Republicans take power they cede it all to the forces of Empire.
The forces of EMPIRE are global (still mostly Americans) and totally hostile to democracy for anyone but themselves… and even that they don’t love. They want socialism for the wealthy; bail outs for their behavior no matter what risks they take… and authoritarianism for the rest of us. They want us under control.
They want to hide behind their logos and most of all they want unlimited use of a ridiculous military with the goal of making our constitution totally useless… National borders? Ha! They don’t want national sovereignty for anyone. They want a series of cooperative (at first) global monarchs who split up the pie for as few as possible and the many of us can serve them.
After WWII these economic royalists got hold of the national defense complex and along with that came the national “security” complex. It is from Wall Street they rule.
And it is they who are taking the nearly all of the policy actions that we don’t like. A PRESIDENT has limited options when it comes to balancing out our needs and THEIR DEMANDS.
What makes me bristle is that when we attack the few people who actually hold the line between the shitty democracy we have now and total AUTHORITARIAN PLUTOCRACY the Oligarchs are working toward… we’re just kicking the people closest to us because we can reach them.
We’re yelling at the politician who listens rather than focusing our attention on the forces that harm our whole representative system. … mostly because, by design, we can’t see them. They stand above us and piss on us and we complain to Obama for not stopping the “rain”…
We really need to grow up.
Wars are for big global kings to steal resources and make a profit from them.. no matter who they are sold to.
Obama doesn’t like war, that’s a fact. All the biographical evidence proves that. He doesn’t like NSA spying either… but until we understand who runs things and sacrifice our comfort and bodies to take down the forces of EMPIRE… he’s doing what he can and… you guys are kicking HIM.
Meanwhile the invisible” “Emperors” are laughing at all of us.
• Organize Locally
• Cooperate Nationally
• Be willing to sacrifice
• Make the United States Of America UNFRIENDLY to EMPIRE
Sorry, but that’s the only way out of this… not yelling at the guy who has a shitty job with limited power who’s trying to help you.
You’ll know we have succeeded when:
• GE pays taxes again.
• Broadcast media is owned by over 1000 entities again
• Solar Energy grows at a massive rate
• Oil, Coal and Gas are no longer for-profit business
• Healthcare is no longer for-profit
• Women are educated at the highest levels in history and families are smaller and healthier.
• Men and women are paid the same for the same work
• The government stays out of religion and vaginas
• Corporations are LEGALLY DEEMED TO BE PROPERTY and NOT PERSONS